The SINGA scholarship is a fully-funded scholarship program that covers tuition fees, living expenses, and airfare for international students who want to pursue a Ph.D. program in Singapore. The scholarship is awarded to outstanding students who have shown exceptional academic performance and research potential.
After the application deadline, the applications will be reviewed by a panel of experts in the relevant fields. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to attend an interview in Singapore or via teleconference. The final decision on the award of the scholarship will be based on the applicant’s academic and research performance, the quality of the research proposal, and the results of the interview.
Benefits of the SINGA Scholarship
The SINGA scholarship provides a range of benefits for successful applicants. These include:
- Full tuition fees for up to four years of PhD studies at one of the participating universities in Singapore
- A monthly stipend of S$2,000 to cover living expenses
- One-time airfare grant of up to S$1,500 for international applicants
- Opportunities to attend conferences, workshops, and other academic events to enhance their research skills and network with other researchers in their field.
- Scholarship Country: Singapore
- Degree: Masters, Masters Leading to PhD
- Award: Fully Funded
- Deadline: 1st June 2023
Why should you apply for a SINGA Scholarship to study in Singapore?
- It is a Government runs Fully Funded scholarship program.
- This Scholarship is for the 2023/24 intake.
- Till now SINGA has awarded more than 950 Scholarships.
- The Scholarship is open to more than over 170 Countries.
No of Scholarships
240 Scholarships are available from around the world.
- Full Tuition Fees are covered.
- The monthly stipend of S$2200, will be increased to S$2,700 after the passing of the Qualifying Examination
- One-time Airfare Grant of up to S$1,500*
- One-time Settling in Allowance of S$1,000*
The SINGA Scholarship is offered in the Top 4 Singaporean Universities that are:
Nanyang Technological University (NTU), the National University of Singapore (NUS), the Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD), and the Singapore Management University (SMU).
To be eligible for the SINGA scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The Scholarship is open for application to all international graduates.
- There is no restriction on nationality or origin.
- Good skills in written and spoken English
- Good reports from academic referees.
- The submission of IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results is optional and may be requested later by the university for admission.
Singapore Government Scholarship Required Documents
All necessary documents are to be submitted online.
- Transcripts & Reports
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s academic Transcripts
- Recommendation Letters: 2 Recommendation Reports (to be completed and submitted online by the referees)
- Motivation Letter for Scholarship
How to Apply (Application Process) for Singapore Government Scholarship
The application process for the SINGA scholarship is online and can be completed on the SINGA website. Applicants are required to submit the following documents:
- A research proposal in their field of study
- A CV outlining their academic and professional achievements
- Academic transcripts and certificates from previous studies
- Two letters of recommendation from academic and/or professional referees
- Proof of English proficiency (e.g., IELTS, TOEFL, or other equivalent test scores)
How to Apply
The complete application has to be submitted online. The Link to the official website of the SINGA Scholarship Portal is given below.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted after 12 weeks of submission of the application. The last date to apply for the Singapore Government (SINGA) Scholarship 2023 is 1st June 2023 (Singaporean Time).
The SINGA scholarship is an excellent opportunity for outstanding international students who want to pursue a PhD program in Singapore. The scholarship offers full funding for tuition fees, living expenses, and airfare, as well as opportunities to attend academic events and network with other researchers. The application process is straightforward and online, and the deadline is 1 December 2023. Successful applicants will have the chance to study at one of the top universities in Asia and contribute to cutting-edge research in their field of study.