Apply: CERN Senior Applied Fellowship Program 2021
Applications are open for the CERN Senior Applied Fellowship Program 2021. This Program is aimed at graduates from universities or higher technical institutes in a wide range of applied sciences, computing, and engineering with between 4 and 10 years of experience. Senior Fellowships are intended for MSc or Ph.D. graduates looking to work in a research group.
At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world’s largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter – fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature.
CERN will provide you with:
- An employment contract for between six months (minimum) up to a maximum of 36 months.
- A stipend ranging from 7,201 to 8,178 Swiss Francs per month (net of tax).
- Coverage by CERN’s comprehensive health scheme (for yourself, your spouse, and children), and membership of the CERN Pension Fund.
- Depending on your individual circumstances: an installation grant, family, child, and infant allowances as well as travel expenses to and from Geneva.
- 2.5 days of paid leave per month.
- You are a national of a CERN Member or Associate Member State. A limited number of positions are also available to candidates from the Non-Member States.
- You have a Ph.D., or at least 4 years relevant experience since the completion of your MSc (or the equivalent diploma which gives access to doctoral programs), and in both cases a maximum limit of 10 years experience after completion of your MSc.
- CERN Staff members are not eligible to apply for a Fellowship.
You will need the following documents (in PDF format) to complete your application:
- A CV.
- Your most recent relevant qualification.
- Three recent letters of recommendation (not older than a year at the time of the deadline for applications), giving an overview of your academic and/or professional achievements.
- You can upload these letters at the time of application if you have them to hand. You will also be provided with a link as soon as you have submitted your application to forward to your referees to upload their letters confidentially. Please note this must be done before the closing date.
All applications should normally reach us no later than September 1, 2021, at noon (12:00 CEST).
Application Deadline: September 1, 2021
For more information, visit CERN Fellowship.